Single-Family Home & Condo Inspections
Buying a new house can be one of the most confusing and stressful experiences we face. Having a home inspection by a licensed & certified home inspector can help alleviate the confusion and worry, by providing accurate information on the actual condition of the home. Proudly serving; buyers, sellers and agents with inspections of new-construction, rehabs, foreclosures and vintage homes for over 30 years!
All our inspections include both an on-site verbal and written report. We include lots of pictures that clearly show issues needing maintenance, repair/replacement, are significantly deficient, or are simply at end of their useful life. We can also include ball park cost estimates for certain repair work, which can be helpful in understanding the true cost of a home.
Our number one goal is customer service, so please Contact us for a quote and free consultation.
Single-family home Inspections include a comprehensive evaluation and reporting of all major systems and components.
- The House Exterior
- Paved walks, Drives and Patios
- Retaining walls
- Decks, Terraces
- Surface drainage
- Exterior wall surfaces [brick, siding, stucco, trim, etc.]
- Windows, Vents
- Entries, Porches, Balconies
- Roof surfaces, Roof penetrations
- Chimneys, Dormers
- Soffits, Fascia, Gutters
- Structure, Insulation, Venting, Moisture
- Foundation, Beams, Columns, Footings
- Floor, wall, ceiling and roof framing
- Basement and crawl space environments
- Attic, wall and crawl space insulation and ventilation
- Chimneys, Vents
- Mechanical Systems And Utilities
- Electrical service entry, service panels, wiring, outlets, lighting and controls
- Drinking water entry, piping, fixtures, water pressure and volume
- Waste water piping, flow, venting, pumps
- Natural gas distribution and integrity
- Heating system, distribution and controls
- Cooling system, distribution and controls
- Water heating and distribution
- Laundry connections and equipment
- Living Space
- Wall, floor and ceiling surfaces
- The operation of doors, windows and hardware
- Kitchen surfaces and appliances
- Bathroom surfaces, fixtures and ventilation
- Garage structure
- Siding, Trim and Roofing surfaces
- Overhead door and Operator
- Passage door
- Garage electrical
Condo Inspections include a comprehensive evaluation and reporting of all major systems and components contained within the unit. Does not include areas, systems or components considered "common" or "shared".
* Systems and components must be readily accessible and visible.
* IHES does not inspect swimming pools, solar equipment, wells or septic systems.
* See our Standard-Inspection Agreement for details on scope of inspection and excluded items